I’ve been working on managing my acne since I was a teen. Over the years, I’ve had waves of clear skin, but I still suffer from adult acne. While hormones play a role and we can’t always control them or resist the urges for foods we know break our skin out, we can control how we combat it. Since a few of you have asked how I clear my skin of my break outs and dull my scars, I decided to put together a list of my favorite products. Some are new to my routine, some I’ve mentioned before and will always be part of my holy grail list. The best part is, all of these products are super affordable and can be found at your local drugstore, Ulta or Target. So let’s jump right in.
- St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub – This has salicylic acid but doesn’t leave your skin feeling super dry afterwards.
- Clean+Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser – This is one of my favorite cleansers – it’s a dupe to the Neutrogena one and I find it less harsh to this skin. Even with oily skin, Neutrogena can be too strong for me and make my face extremely dry.
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Brightening Daily Scrub – A great scrub to keep handy as your near the end of your breakout to help with scarring.
- Freeman Beauty Black Charcoal Sugar Scrub – One of my all time favorites, I love the warming sensation of the activated black charcoal.
- Formula 10.0.6. Three Times Sublime Scrub – A gentler scrub, but definitely gets down and dirty. I love using this when I have stubborn black heads.
- Formula 10.0.6 So Totally Clean Deep Pore Cleanser (Original Formula with Salicylic Acid) – Super effective, but isn’t drying. I love that I can use it day and/or night without my skin getting that stiff feeling.
- Botanics All Bright with Hibiscus Cleansing Toner – Great for clearing up my acne scars. It’s super soothing and moisturizing.
- Witch Hazel – This is a classic. Great to use during breakouts to dry out those stubborn pimples.
- Clean + Clear Persa Gel 10 – My go to for stubborn acne. It dries my pimples and reduces their size over night. I have used this for years and will always grab this when I have a break out. I only use this at night because of the white cast it leaves when it dries.
- Clean + Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment – This is the Persa gel’s little sister in my opinion. It’s effective, but not as strong. I love that I can use this during the day and under makeup. It’s lightweight, but fights your acne for you while you’re on the go.
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturizer – super lightweight and moisturizing without shine or greasy feeling. Perfect for oily/combo skin and can be worn under makeup.
- It Cosmetics Full Coverage Moisturizer SPF 50 (my shade is rich honey) – This is perfect for every day to mask/blend the appearance of acne scars without looking like you’re wearing tons of makeup. SPF is a super bonus.
- Sea Buckthorn Oil – one of my favorite oils to use day or night, especially after exfoliating and the occasional pimple popping session. It decreases redness and soothes the skin. I wake up without any evidence of the torture I may have put my face through the night before. jk i don’t really torture myself, be gentle to your face
- Vitamin E + Argan oil at night – A staple in my book to managing acne scars. I only use it at night. Its nourishing and leaves my skin feeling soft and glowing by morning. Not too much though, vitamin E oil can be heavy and greasy.
- Skin Food Peach Sake Pore Serum – I truly credit this product for reducing my sebum production, especially around my nose. I will never go without this product again.
- Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox – literally is exactly what it’s called, a deep down detox. You can feel this max working overtime to clean your skin thoroughly as it dries.
- Vichy Double Glow Peel Mask – this mask is a chemical exfoliator so you don’t have to scrub, but you feel the amazing effects as you rinse
I hope this helps you get started on your acne management journey. Adult acne can be a stubborn battle, but with the right tools, you can overcome it. As I mentioned, all of these products are under $20 and can be found locally. Don’t like to shop in stores? Check out my online Amazon store to get them at your doorstep.
Any other tips or products for acne fighters, drop them below so we can all enjoy clearer skin 🙂
Tags : acne, adult acne, advice, beauty, beauty advice, beauty routine, cleanser, face, face mask, facial, facial cleanser, problem skin, product recommendation, products, routine, serum, skin, skin care, skin care routine, skincare