The warm weather is FINALLY here to stay!
Below are some of my staple styling products I use in my hair as the seasons change. During the warmer seasons, I find myself refreshing/co-washing more often from sweat and frizz, so as the days get hotter, I use less and lighter weight products throughout my beauty routine. All products listed below are less than $20, which means more $$ for summer fun. Woot Woot! So without further or due, let’s get started!
- Alikay Naturals LemonGrass Leave In Conditioner – I love that this conditioner has a spray pump! It’s perfect for a quick refresh and literally melts into your hair. I actually use this product year round – it’s great for layering. During the spring/summer, I typically just pair it with eco styler.
2. Curls Blueberry Bliss Reparative Leave In Conditioner – This is one of the first products I used when I started taking my healthy hair journey seriously. I use it religiously and always keep a stash. It’s super moisturizing and I love how yummy it smells. ** Disclaimer – smells good enough to eat, but I wouldn’t recommend doing so..
3. Made Beauty True Cowash Cleanser + True Nourishing Leave In Conditioner – I love how inexpensive yet moisturizing these products are. The Cowash cleanser gets your hair clean without leaving it feeling dry, especially during the warmer months when you need to clean your hair/scalp more from excess gel/edge control and sweat. The leave in defines your curls without weighing your hair down or the greasy build up.
4. Maui Moisture Curl Quench + Coconut Oil Curl Smoothie // Curl Quench + Coconut Curl Milk – I love this dynamic duo. And can we get into the price? Can’t beat less than $10 a piece. These CG Friendly products leave your hair suuuuper juicy without the weight. I love how moisturized my hair feels after using these two. I usually use these two products when I’m styling my hair in a bun or any other protective style.
5. Eco Styler – If this isn’t your first time here, you should know how much I LOVE, like, in love could be my second husband, love, eco styler. It’s my go to gel/styling product. It pairs with most of my favorite leave in conditioners and gives my type 3C/4A curls the hold and definition it needs. With Eco Styler my styles can last much longer despite the weather. I can get away with swapping for alternatives during the cooler months, but NOTHING compares to eco fighting frizz and humidity (for me at least). My favorite has become the krystal over the olive oil. It gives me same hold and definition without as much crunch + a smidge more body. If you haven’t tried eco styler – you truly have no idea what you’re missing.
I know some of you have used eco + still struggle with getting the results you want. Let me know if you would like a tutorial on how I style my hair! I’d love to help. Do you normally switch up your routine with the seasons? What are some of your favorite products to use this time of year? Leave a comment below, I’d love to hear from you.
Ps. If you’re interested in purchasing any of the products, you can click on their images to order them directly from Amazon. Who doesn’t love convenience and amazon?