I’ve been in the natural/curly hair space for over a decade now. I’ve tried countless brands and product lines. At this point in my personal journey, I’ve decided to slow down on trying every product that’s on the shelves. There are just so many and it can get quite expensive.
I also know exactly what my hair loves and how it responds to specific products. I know what to feed my hair to keep it healthy and at its optimal level. These products are my holy grails. These are tried and true and I know exactly how they will deliver in my hair every time. These are the brands and products I reach for when I need to revive my hair or when I just need a reliable style. These brands will always live in my stash. The super special part about this list to me is that, all of these brands feature products that can be used on not only my hair, but both of my daughters hair as well.
OH and did I mention that ALL of my holy grail brands just so happened to be BLACK OWNED?! Woot! Happy Black History Month yall!
MY HOLY GRAILS
- Camille Rose Naturals – The classics from the original line are my absolute favorite. I love their shampoo and conditioner, along with the Curl Maker, Curl Milk, Aloe Whipped Butter Gel, and more. These products are rich and you can feel the quality of these products when you apply them to your hair.
- Curls – Blueberry Bliss was one of the first collections I fell in love with that truly worked for my hair. I still have yet to try the Caviar or Vegan Green collection. The Blueberry Bliss Leave In flies off the shelves at my house.
- Mielle Organics – There’s countless from this brand that I have stashed at all times. The Pomegranate and Honey Collection is my top favorite hands down. Then of course, you can’t forget the Babassou Mint Deep Conditioner, and the Avocado Hair Milk or the Rosemary Mint Deep Conditioner. You see? I can go on and on, just go check them out if you haven’t already.
- As I AM – The Leave In and Moisture Milk are among my favorites, especially for all of our hair. The Curling Jelly is one of my favorite alternative stylers to Eco Styler and the Hydration Elation mask leaves my curls so juicy and defined every time.
- Alikay Naturals – The Lemongrass Leave In, the Shea Yogurt, and the Deep Conditioners have been my staples for years. I love these especially for Mckenzie’s hair and Zoie’s during the winter months.
Obviously there are other brands and products that I have in my stash and I will continue to try and use others; but these are my non-negotiables. They’re all brands I can grab at a local store or order online. In 2020, although I won’t be experimenting as much with products, there are a few smaller brands that I am looking forward to trying. Of course, when I do, I’ll be sure to share my thoughts and opinions. Do you love a brand that you don’t see posted? Drop a comment and leave your Holy Grail Brand/Product.
There’s no magic product or brand that is going to give you your favorite influencer’s hair. The key to successfully navigating your hair journey is in technique and regimen. More info on learning your hair’s love language can be found here. If you want more help with you or your child’s hair along your hair journey, Book your Curl Consultation here.