I shared this meal recently and I was surprised so many of you were interested in the recipe. It’s one of my favorite quick go to’s that I throw together when I need to get dinner done + have veggie scraps in the fridge. You can substitute or add any veggies you like that you think would pair well with the Lemon Parmesan Flavor (eg. white corn, fresh green beans, spinach, zucchini, squash, etc.) . Feel free to also substitute protein or pastas.
1 ½ cup Orzo Pasta
1lb of Asparagus Heads
½ Red Bell pepper
½ Yellow Bell Pepper
½ Orange Bell Pepper
3 Slices Bacon
½ cup Parmesan Cheese (feel free to use more)
1 tbsp Minced Garlic
2-3 tbsp butter
1-2 Cups of Shrimp
Handful (approx. 6) Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees – while oven is preheating dice and prep your veggies. Asparagus spears, you want to cut the stalks + keep the heads.
- Line asparagus on a flat baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle olive oil + sprinkle a dash of salt + pepper to taste. Cook approximately 15 -20 mins. (They should be done by the time you’ve cooked everything else and start to assemble your pasta)
- On stove, start a large pot of water on med-high heat. This will be for your pasta. If making pasta other than Orzo, you can toss your pasta in as soon as it boils. Orzo or other quick pastas, see step 5.
- On stove, cook bacon slices until crispy, remove from heat to paper towel to drain.
- Drop in your Orzo or pasta into boiling water.
- Toss remaining veggies into bacon pan and when they start to look a bit transparent, add in shrimp, 2 slices of lemon, butter, and garlic.
- Toss until shrimp is cooked, add salt + pepper to taste. **note, parmesan is a salty dry cheese, it will add a salty element to pasta, so don’t overdo regular salt, you can always add more later
- Add in your pasta and asparagus. If you desire more sauce you can add another tablespoon of butter, but do so slowly to make sure pasta doesn’t become too greasy, you’ll get moisture from cheese as well.
- Top with parmesan cheese, crumble bacon and squeeze remaining lemon on top.
You can also make this for a quick meal prep for lunch throughout the week. I hope you enjoy! 🙂